Sunday, August 31, 2008

Viva Italia!

So we arrived back to Italy last Sunday and it has taken me over a week to post a blog. This delinquency has not been due to Jet Lag or Time Zone sleep deprivation... Oh No! I've been spending the last week THANKING as well as promising all my dear friends & Tom's office that I'll never leave Tom alone for that long of a period of time ever again! LOL.... I came home to a house that looked as though it had not been lived in for an awful long time and a refrigerator and freezer that was the emptiest I'd seen in all of our 16 years of marriage... :) It was obvious that Tom missed us and needed us to come home! The girls and I had an uneventful flight back home and the girls started school the very next day. I have to say they've done an exceptional job overcoming jet lag. Maybe it was because of all the hustle and bustle since we've been home with new school routines, soccer, and piano. Whatever the case we're all on the same time zone now!

Tom also surprised me with taking Friday off of work and organizing a sleep over for the girls with our friends the Perdue's. We spent the whole day just catching up and enjoying the absolutely beautiful Italian weather. Viva Italia! It's nice to be back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your husband really is amazing...oh wait, that's me.

Tom