Friday, August 01, 2008

Peanuts, Peaches, and Pigs, Oh My!



The girls and I fell in love with Georgia's fresh peaches and seedless watermelons. Uncle Sal and Aunt Tina also introduced both of the girls to boiled peanuts, Piggy Wiggly grocery stores, and the best Southern hospitality Georgia has to offer. I think Hailey even began to develop a little Southern accent during our visit. But sorry Tom... The one thing they both tried and neither of them liked was the fried okra.... So I guess you'll be eating fried okra along with fried chicken livers all by your lonesome...

Once again thank you Uncle Sal, Aunt Tina, and the rest of the family for welcoming us into your home with open arms and truly showing us the most amazing southern hospitality. We love you and miss you already! See you next summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay if they don't like fried okra. I'm overjoyed that they like Boiled Peanuts. I love those things. Doesn't get much better than that.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I can't stand fried chicken livers either, but the fried okra is YUM!!!! Miss you all and had such a good time. Can't wait to teach the girls some more southern ways. What beautiful southern bells they will be.Love you like a sister too!!!!!!!!! Tina