Friday, July 18, 2008

Space A to the States....


So we made it back to the States... We had the typical Space A uneventful flight... All those associated with military with appreciate this..... We were suppose to leave at 10:00 am and ended up actually leaving at 3:00 pm due to an in flight emergency. Once we got to Ramstein,Germany we met up with some friends and then almost missed our flight... We were so busy catching up with good friends we forgot we actually had to catch another flight. All of a sudden there was no one around us and we soon realized we didn't see anyone from our flight. I then immediately told my friend Miguel and he quickly moved in to action and ushered us to the flight line in just the nick of time. I have to say it's so good to have friends in high places... We actually looked as if we were some pretty important people getting on the flight... LOL.... Once we got back on the flight we were told we would be stopping in Ireland to refuel and have a crew change. I have to say even though the flight was going to take longer we were all pretty excited to stop in Ireland. Ireland is one of the countries we haven't been to yet. Once there, I took the opportunity to buy a spoon for my infamous coffee spoon collection and then I decided to have a pint of Irish cider to relax me as we prepared to go over the pond. Then while in flight.... Hailey decided to spill her food tray all over the floor and the gentleman beside her... Sarah and I refer to this as the "Yogurt incident" because yogurt went flying everywhere to include a few seats in front and in the back of us. After that it was pretty much smooth sailing for the Giles' Girls.... I moved to another seat with the full knowledge that any sort of sleep was not going to be in my future and I let the girls spread out across our 3 seats and they slept the rest of the flight. We then arrived at BWI at 11:30pm eastern standard time and Tom's mom took us to the Westin Hotel for the night.... I was so excited because the hotel was awesome and I awoke to Starbucks Coffee brewing in our room, as well as a a pool, and a gym... Is there anything better than that?... Oh yeah... I also had Grandma along for the ride which equates to TOTAL freedom for me! Lovin that!... We then headed to the Baltimore Harbor to shop and explore for the rest of the day... More too come...


My Starbucks and Barnes & Noble's fix....

No comments: