Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Blessings



Yesterday one of my good friends Linda and I arrived at her house and were happily surprised to see all of our children diligently raking the leaves in her yard. I thought how sweet is that, I was sure they would be in the house playing some sort of computer/internet game when we got home. But to my surprise they were outside being helpful and raking leaves. I immediately became curious because they all seemed to be working so diligent at the task at hand. They were not easily detracted and were working very well together as a unified group. So I grabbed my trusty camera and stood back to see how this mystery would unfold. I quickly realized what they were really up too. They were raking the leaves into a pile so they could jump and play in them. How fun! It made we want to do it too!!!!

As I stood there watching, I was immediately transferred back to my childhood, and all the great memories and fun times my siblings and I shared as we did the very same thing. Playing in the leaves for us was always one of the best experiences of the Fall season. Oh how times have changed... Now that we are adults it seems we now dread this part of the season with the countless amount of leaves that fall on our yards and sidewalks. Especially when it rains and they become slick. What a nuisance! As I stood there and watched the children I was quickly reminded of how blessed our family is. My children have such amazing friends that act as if they are their actual siblings. I immediately thanked God for all the blessings He's given Tom and I in our life. What a joy it is to be able to experience certain things all over again through a child's perspective! It's always nice to be reminded in this high paced computer generation to enjoy life and take the time to play in the leaves every once in a while!



Looks like Sarah is about to get hit with some leaves!

No comments: